Friday, November 11, 2016

More Sinned against than Sinning


"More sinned against than sinning",  says King Lear in desperation.  But it is used more with Shylock.  Today when I turn the newspapers I can’t help equating Donald. J.Trump  with Shylock.  Let me also tell you I am not an expert on American politics and its implication.  First Donald has won a democratic election that was conducted as far as I know fair and not rigged.  There was no Arizona formula, rings in meatballs or containers of cash caught.

I think it is a tight slap on the faces of Journalists.  Same was the case with Modi, Assembly Elections, etc.  I was watching a news show where one of the editors was saying that it is high time we start reporting news and not opinions.  It is also a wake-up call to the journalists and psephologists that people do not care about what they say are the poll issues or whatever wave you predict.  Media you have crash landed onto earth, now report! Don’t from opinions.

The next thing that people cry about Trump’ is his  views on  Muslims.  Again the fact is yes!  It is a  truth that we need to accept.  When the whole world in is the grip of fears of attacks in the name of a particular religion, I see it as the natural reaction.  Let us remove our masks of being liberals, I have Muslim friends and my sister had rented her house a Muslim who stayed in the house for 8 years and he left the house brand new as had taken possession of it.  In spite of all that, I still feel that someone like Trump should put a stop to terrorism in the name of religion. He reflected the view of the layman on the road, not the person who sits and talks in newsrooms.  Let us face it, it is our duty and Muslims in particular to lift the misconceptions about the religion.  (About any religion for that matter)
All about the tapes leaked and swearing it is skeletons in the closet.  Don’t we have any? And to tell America has denied a woman becoming  a President,   I find it illogical.   You cannot elect a person based on gender.

I also see a lot of Americans protesting against the election of Trump.  What were u doing before elections?  Swallow the bitter pill, you need it, u can’t just be worried about soccer anymore.

I am not saying that Trump is a  Pure soul what we have seen is, with responsibility people have mellowed down.  And Politician’s poll promises. do I have to say?  For all Indians and the Indian Media, it is America's  turn to become swadeshi.  You worry because your green card dream is shattered.
Remember I have equated him to Shylock in the beginning and Shylock did not get his pound of flesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment